Boat versus Cassette

Subject: Boat versus Cassette
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 17:57:00 EST

Scott Cluff asked whether or not their writers should try and change the
masses in what they call a boat and what they call a cassette.

Obviously, Scott, I agree with you fully that you should be calling a boat a
boat and a cassette a cassette. However, I think the masses will end up
overpowering you in the end, as unfortunate as it may be.

I've never heard of anyone (at anytime in this world of our's) changing the
masses or what they think and say. In my opinion, you should bite the bullet
and go with the majority. In this great nation of our's, majority rules.

My brother once said, "The majority of people may think one way, but that
doesn't mean it's correct."

Hope this helps,
Bill Hartzer, Technical Writer, Fischer International Systems Corporation
Naples, Florida USA

** It was 44 degrees last night. But that doesn't stop tourists from **
** saying, "who cares; you can still get a sunburn!" **