clouds on the Internet horizon

Subject: clouds on the Internet horizon
From: Mike Beyries <beyries -at- THELMA -dot- CSISDN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 07:51:59 -0800

As indicated by Tracey (I think it was), the "cloud" of computers
in a network is indeed common for WAN & dial-up connections. This
claim is made by one who has been guilty of drawing such clouds to
help illustrate the amorphous ISDN.

In a complex internetworking diagram, there may even be many
clouds -- depicting different protocols such as ATM, SMDS, ISDN, etc.
The major point of the cloud is that some connections are effected
through it, but we don't know and/or don't care just how.

Regards,
Mike Beyries (beyries -at- csisdn -dot- com)
Technical Communications and Development Support
Information Resource Engineering, Inc. (IRE)
formerly Connective Strategies, Inc. (CSI)
Phone: (415) 903-2589