Re: Engineers managing documentation

Subject: Re: Engineers managing documentation
From: Kelly Hoffman <kelly -at- NASHUA -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 16:13:30 -0500

Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM> writes:

[regarding having the same supervisor/manager as the engineers]

> Not something I'd look forward to, BTW. Engineering managers love to
> announce how writing doc is just like programming, and they have some
> godawful ideas that they believe are logically unassailable.

Perhaps I've been lucky, but my experience has been very different.
The engineering managers I've worked for have always taken the
attitude that I can do what I want as long as I deliver (useful,
high-quality) stuff when I said I would. They'd rather not have to
hold my hand if they can avoid it; they've got better things to do.

Of course, I let 'em know up front that this arrangement is what I
expect. Works for me, ;-)

kkh

--
Kelly K. Hoffman Hewlett-Packard, Network Test Division, Nashua, NH
kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com "Reading the manual is admitting defeat."