Re: "Arbor Text" and SGML

Subject: Re: "Arbor Text" and SGML
From: Megan Irvine <Megan_Irvine -at- TRANSARC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 10:08:10 -0500

Vicki Rosenzweig <vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com> writes:
>ArborText is a company in Ann Arbor, Michigan that produces (among
>other things) SGML-based publishing software. We use their Publisher
>software to produce a monthly magazine. You can reach them at
>help -at- arbortext -dot- com, or 1-313-996-3566.

And I would like to add that ArborText's Publisher exports its own
flavor of SGML, which may not be compatible with other SGML-based
tools. This has been a significant factor in my company's consideration
of switching to a different publishing tool.

Megan Irvine <mirv -at- transarc -dot- com> Technical Writer, Pittsburgh, Pa. USA
All opinions are mine and NOT my employer's. WWW Home Page URL:
ftp://grand.central.org/afs/transarc.com/public/mirv/html/Home.html