Re: moderate techwr-l?

Subject: Re: moderate techwr-l?
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 19:11:31 CST

|}
|} Hello to all.
|}
|} I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting awfully tired of
|} seeing commercial email on this list. I'm also getting tired of seeing
|} mailer daemons, flame wars, and the odd posting that someone really
|} meant to send to just one person but mistakenly sent to the list.
|}
|} A possible solution: I'd like to propose that we think about having
|} the list moderated. Failing that, it may be possible to alter the list
|} code to exclude some of the more common problem messages (like mailer
|} daemons).
|}
|} What do you all think?

Pardon, Gail, I don't mean to sound snide, though you may think it so.
Are you volunteering to moderate this group, that is, read every single
post before passing it on to the rest of us, while at the same time
maintaining the psuedo-realtime discussions we have here?

Are you volunteering to write a filter script? Is there something
wrong with your delete key?

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "But what else would you expect them to say
to defend themselves? They are writers; they are professional liars."
-- Harlan Ellison