"Arbor Text" and SGML

Subject: "Arbor Text" and SGML
From: Art Elser <ELSER_ART/HP0800_01 -at- MAILHUB -dot- CS -dot- ITC -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 10:35:00 -0700

ArborText is a program for developing documents on UNIX and DOS
platforms. I saw demos of it about three years ago, so I'm sure
it is much refined by now.

At the time, if you wanted to develop SGML documents, you worked in
an ASCII window in which the SGML tags were displayed. When you
wanted to see what the document would look like, you processed the
ASCII file and got a second window with the formatted file.

The unfortunate part of the product then was that you could not
edit in the formatted window, only the ASCII window. They you
would process the file again to see what effect the changes had.

Don't have an address for ArborText, but they are located in Ann
Arbor Michigan.

Earlier I said DOS. Don't know if that means Windows or not.

art elser