Re: Trigger

Subject: Re: Trigger
From: "Robert E. Allen" <re_allen -at- PNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 23:23:54 GMT

In article <Pine -dot- BSI -dot- 3 -dot- 90 -dot- 941228123358 -dot- 7087C-100000 -at- usr1 -dot- primenet -dot- com>,
Rosie <ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com> says:

>We had a sentence that told the user:
>"The toolbar buttons trigger commands that are also found
>on menus."

>I thought "trigger" sounded too technical

One problem is that "trigger" is perfectly good noun. Almost sounds
like you have a tool bar with buttons and the buttons have triggers.
You could also add "commands" to that noun string to really sabotage
a novice reader.

This is the sort of thing we get paid big bucks to fix (a little year-end
humor).

Bob