Re: Books or articles on Doc. Mgmt

Subject: Re: Books or articles on Doc. Mgmt
From: Susan Fowler <sfowler -at- EJV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 13:34:44 EST

Hi, Chet:

Get a copy of JoAnn Hackos's "Managing Your Documentation Projects," John Wiley
& Sons, 1994, ISBN 0-471-59099-1.

This is an excellent book that explains how to do document project management as
well as how to drag the rest of your company along with you (or at least
estimate the possibilities). In other words, it is both analytical and
practical.

It's also well-written, amusing, and a pleasure to read. How's that?

--Susan Fowler
sfowler -at- ejv -dot- com

----- Original message follows -----
I know that the real answer to this question is; "Go study Library Science."

Short of pursuing an advanced degree (I've got a full-time job getting in my
way), I'd love any references anyone would care to offer about books or
articles on the subject of document management in a production environment.

/chet