Re: Since v because

Subject: Re: Since v because
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 17:10:54 EST

Corinne Sandy wrote:

Is anyone interested in pursuing the issue of the distinction between
since and because. I think I know, but I don't have a formal "rule" to go
by.
********************

And would anyone care to throw in the use of "as" as synonymous with
"because"? I have heard virulent opponents of this use, but it sound perfectly
right to me. Is there a rule I don't know about?

As in:

"As we have not yet implemented the code, we cannot confirm your bug
report."

Cheers,

Gwen (ggall -at- ca -dot- oracle -dot- com)
Oracle MultiDimension

"Why can't somebody give us a list of things that everybody thinks and
nobody says, and another list of things that everybody says and nobody thinks."

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes