Re: Basic rules of technical writing

Subject: Re: Basic rules of technical writing
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 14:42:22 MST

Laurie wrote:

> I disagree with 4, depending on the context. If I'm writing a "fluffy"
> science fiction story, I can play with number 4 quite a bit.
> However, if I'm writing technical documentation, it's got to be
> technically correct. It may be oversimplified, perhaps, depending on
> the audience or on my own understanding of the subject. But it can't
> be delibertaly wrong.

I agree with Laurie about number 4, based on her interpretation.
I did not comment on number four previously because I did not know
how to interpret it. Does technically correct mean

A. Technically correct use of the language, or
B. Technically correct content (subject material)?

My guess is A.

Beverly Parks
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil