Forms-generator Program?

Subject: Forms-generator Program?
From: doug montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- CC -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 1994 15:32:32 PST

Friends, Networkers, Techwhirlers: lend me your ears!

To put my problem most briefly, I need to encourage users at my
company to input certain information in a form that can quickly and
easily be transmitted by us to other users or formatted in a number
of ways.

Since we have a number of Variant Standards (tm) in word processors
and platforms, but ARE networked, I'm thinking of using a
screen-based form that is independent of platform and
word-processor, that would collect data in ASCII format. Obviously
it would have to run on the LAN. Do I dream of things that ne'er
were, or would one of you kind and knowledgable souls please point
me to a likely program?

Thanks & happy horrordays.

Doug Montalbano Doug_Montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com
Technical Writer
Chiron Corporation (510) 601-2862 (voice/TDD)

...I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. If anybody
wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a
piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored
as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through
with having conversations for the rest of my life.
_The Catcher in the Rye_