Re: am pm or AM PM

Subject: Re: am pm or AM PM
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 16:30:34 CST

Timothy Schablin <timothy -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM> asks:
|}
|} Any suggestions on which way to write am/pm, small case or caps? Does it
|} make a difference? I've always seen it in lower case.
|}

What does your style manual tell you, Tim? Ours (Gregg) says a.m. and
p.m., lower case, no space, note the periods. In typeset printing, the
general use is A.M. and P.M. set in small caps (Gregg, Chicago, et. al.).

Had to look it up, don't get much call for it, 'round 'ere.

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "She understood, as he did, that all writing
was infernally boring and futile, but that it had to be done out of respect
for tradition" --Stanislaw Lem