Re: backformation

Subject: Re: backformation
From: Ray Bruman <rbruman -at- RND -dot- RAYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 11:14:21 PST

Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET> writes:

> My dictionary gave first citations for both "abort" and "abortion" in
> the 16th century; it gives "abortion" an earlier date, but it's possible
> that the verb was used first, but didn't appear in print as soon.

Aww, Vicki, you're dating yourself!
You looked things up in a BOOK!
In this century, we just make up factoids that sound right to us,
and broadcast them on the Internet!
Get with the Program :-)

Ray Bruman In this establishment,
Raynet Corp. we DO NOT DISCUSS
rbruman -at- raynet -dot- com race, religion, politics,
415-688-2325 or nutrition.