Re: Modems and online doc

Subject: Re: Modems and online doc
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 10:53:44 EST

On the subject of modems:

>A 14.4 modem costs less than $200 and gives (obviously) many times the
>speed of a 2400 modem. IMHO, it's a *very* worthwhile investment (my time
>is extremely valuable to me).

My boss was shopping on the weekend--28.8's are now available (at regular
prices) in the Ottawa area for around $180 (which to get the U.S. price, you
must multiply by .72 per 1.00 so...even cheaper counting exchange)

Electronics are always cheaper in the U.S. than Canada _not_ counting exchange,
so I suspect those of you quoting the high prices haven't been out there
lately. Granted--the drop happened fast, just like it did with 14.4's. Check it
out--it may be worth it. (And I hear that the Internet browsers really improve
in performance the faster your modem.)

Cheers,

Gwen (ggall -at- ca -dot- oracle -dot- com)
Oracle MultiDimension

"Why can't somebody give us a list of things that everybody thinks and
nobody says, and another list of things that everybody says and nobody thinks."

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes