Select

Subject: Select
From: "David Blyth @second" <dsb -at- ALSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 17:15:34 PST

Hi All;

Sue Gallagher commented that...

>To me, the word "select" can be (mis)construed as simply setting the
>focus to the button, not actually activating it (as in "select the
>button to be relocated and drag it to the new position" ...an example
>off the top of my head).

I refer to "selecting" a command, not a button. I also refer to "clicking"
on any GUI item that can't be "selected" by a keyboard. For example:

Click and drag the scrollbar until the <foobar> command is visible. Once
"OK" is selected, the <foobar> command executes with the defaults in
the <foobar> options window."

I'm probably not consistent with this, and I'm not sure it works for
everyone. It works well in my situation.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer
Alsys (San Diego)
dsb -at- alsys -dot- com

My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer (but they should be).

Blodo Poa Maximus