Re: Prepositions

Subject: Re: Prepositions
From: Arlen_P_Walker%BG-HDQTRS -at- CORE -dot- CORP -dot- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 1994 09:06:00 -0500

I am glad someone finally quoted Churchill on ending sentences with
prepositions.

What do you mean, "finally?" I stopped counting months ago how many times that
particular line was quoted on this list (when it shot off toward three digits, I
got bored).

The rule about not ending sentences with prepositions strikes me as
an urban legend, about which there has been some discussion on this list
in weeks past.

And months past....and years past.

Hey Eric, do I get my old-timer's plaque the next time this thread comes by?
;{>}

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24