Re: alot

Subject: Re: alot
From: Nora Merhar <merhar -at- ALENA -dot- SWITCH -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 10:16:40 CST

Hey Everybody,

Due to problems with our server, I haven't been able to respond to anything
recently, but now that we're up again, I wanted to say that I was horrified
when I saw someone criticizing Gwen for using Canadian/British English spelling.
Whoever you are, you're ignorant. :-p

I have noticed much bad spelling on this list, including a personal pet peeve of
mine--confusion of whose and who's (as in "Anyone who's back hurts should should
take Advil"--UGH!!!) but I haven't said anything, because I didn't think it was
worth it. If you really feel a need to criticize your fellow writer's grammar/
spelling, do so privately, not only out of consideration for the person you're
criticzing, but also because you'll look like an idiot to the rest of us if
you're wrong.

Personally, I put all this crankiness down to holiday tension.

Nora (An American who likes to spell it GREY) Merhar
merhar -at- alena -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com