Re: Powerful documentation tool needed

Subject: Re: Powerful documentation tool needed
From: Jan Bates <bates -at- KINGFISH -dot- ATT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 13:50:00 GMT

Amram

This may be a bit late. Just wanted to put in my vote for FrameMaker.
I have used it for the past 2.5 years and am very satisfied with it.
It is excellent for books, cross-references, indexes, TOC and all
can automatically be hyper-linked.

The table feature is great, you can have multiple master pages, almost
every command is accessible both via menu and keyboard (I'm a keyboard
person) and it has a fairly powerful macro capability. Also has user-
definable variables for things like product names and a powerful
conditional text feature.

Does not have good update pages feature (has one, but it is very flawed).
Does not have table math or mailmerge.

Hope this helps

Jan
Jan Bates - Documentation Consultant Voice: 908 949-2311
ADSS - AT&T Bell Labs Fax: 908 949-4001
Holmdel NJ e-mail: bates -at- kingfish -dot- att -dot- com