Re: Word use/ Express(ed) (You ha

Subject: Re: Word use/ Express(ed) (You ha
From: Watson Laughton <LAUGHTON%ALLOY -dot- BITNET -at- PUCC -dot- PRINCETON -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 09:16:00 EST

Distribution-File:
interbitgate%"techwr-l -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu"

Bill Hartzer writes:

>>It shall remain that way until a law is passed that
changes it....I will continue to write it and use it as
it was originally (legally) written, even though how
gramatically incorrect you claim that it is. As a
technical writer, I'll use it as it's officially
written, and let my lawyer fight it out in court.

What we're wondering is _where_ was it written thus, and by
_whom_? The point has been made several times that the only
place any of us has seen "expressed written consent" used has
been in amateur attempts to parrot legal parlance (e.g., home
videos). Who were these "forefathers" that you say used
the phrase "expressed written consent", setting the legal
precedent for subsequent generations to follow?

laughton%alloy.bitnet%pucc.princeton.edu