Project Management Software

Subject: Project Management Software
From: "George F. Hayhoe III" <george -dot- hayhoe -at- SRS -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 08:39:00 -0400

Phil Block and Tom Hoyt asked about project management software. I've used
Microsoft Project 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 quite successfully to manage projects
in a small group of four to six writers/editors/illustrators/layout
artists. (Actually, we just got 4.0, so I shouldn't brag about using it
successfully quite yet.) While it may not have all the sophisticated
features of packages like Primavera, Project provided me with all the tools
I needed. And my department is now using it to manage the work of more than
400 hardware, software, and telecommunications engineers.

By the way, I believe that version 4.0 will be available for Macintosh
soon, if it isn't already.

--George Hayhoe (george -dot- hayhoe -at- srs -dot- gov)
Assistant to the President for Recognition Programs, STC