Re: Gut Reactions to SGML

Subject: Re: Gut Reactions to SGML
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 11:04:00 EST

Originally, I said in my message to you that "you should be writing in the
same environment that the software you're writing about runs in." Thus, if
you are writing about software that runs on a VM system, you should use SGML
or Script, which also happens to run on a VM system.

My intent is that it's easier to maneuver back and forth from the writing to
the software if you are running the same system. Better yet, why not have two
pc's next to each other on your desk; one running the application you're
writing about, and the other running the dtp program you're using to write on!

That's why I prefer to use Script (VM) when I am writing about TAO, our
software product that runs on VM. But again, that's my preference.