Re: Year 2000

Subject: Re: Year 2000
From: "Sandy, Corinne" <CHS8 -at- CPSOD1 -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 08:49:00 EST

I just had to edit a technical paper and saw a date expressed
as 08/17/00; implying the year 2000.

My, you are getting ahead of yourself. My first reaction was to say, why
are you worrying something that is five+ years' away; but maybe you're not
worrying. Perhaps you're just curious. Then I began to get curious. How
will this be addressed? And who will be the one to make the decision? I
guess if we want to find out we can research to find out when the format
00/00/00 first came into use, then see if it was done in 1900. Seems like a
lot of work, and the information may not even be available. Sorry, I do not
have an answer. But what an interesting question.
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Year 2000
Date: Thursday, December 08, 1994 2:06PM

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 14:06:12 -0500
Sender: "Technical Writers List; for all Technical Communication issues"

From: Mark Sanders <MSANDE -at- WPOSMTP -dot- METC -dot- DOE -dot- GOV>
Comments: To: TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
content-length: 396
I just had to edit a technical paper and saw a date expressed
as 08/17/00; implying the year 2000.

Question is, is this going to be the commonly used form of
expressing the year?

It may be an old question to the board, but I am new here
and would appreciate any responses.
"Without the voice of reason, every faith is its own
curse."--Gordon Sumner