Re: Apply/update

Subject: Re: Apply/update
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 15:33:52 -0800

I'm not sure I quite understand why you're not using Commit instead of
Apply to label the "change the database" button. Seems to me that
Commit is a perfectly good and widely understood database-type word.

Also, Refresh is a widely used and understood "update the screen" word,
so it seems to fit quite nicely into your application.

I guess what I'm asking is, why reinvent labels when perfectly good ones
already exist???

> I suggested "Reload" and the developer went bonkers. He thought that "Reload"
> and "Apply" is no different than "Update" and "Apply."
> Any comments about this?

> > If you are absolutely committed to changing "update" then take whatever word
> > you used for loading the window from the database in the first place and
> > prefix it with "re-". ...RM
> >
> > Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org

Sue Gallagher
Technical Writer
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com