Re: Help!

Subject: Re: Help!
From: "harold (h.o.n.) floysvik" <hal -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 11:56:00 -0500

How about ....... REFRESH

Without worrying about the mechanics of "... populate the window...",
the effect to the user is one of the screen now containing the new
information. Many applications use refresh to mean: refresh the display
to reflect the current status of ... something.

If you are allowed to use ore than one word on a button, you could
be more explicit, e.g.,

APPLY UPDATE and UPDATE WINDOW

In my experience, running into problems such as you have usually means the
GUI for the application needs to be redesigned. When you have to explain
what buttons REALLY mean, there is something very wrong with the basic
design.

Good luck.

...Hal
From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000