Re[2]: Line spacing in bullet lists

Subject: Re[2]: Line spacing in bullet lists
From: Jay Cherniak <CHERNJC1_at_TEAPOST -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 16:45:57 EST

Keith Soltys writes:
>I'd like some feedback on formatting lists. When using bulleted lists,
>is there any standard for applying spacing between items? When I was

I have worked mostly in science R&D publishing, and never in computer
documentation. I have seen bulleted lists done many different ways. For glossy
annual reports at my previous employer, we used no spacing whatsoever between
lines or above or below the list. We also made the second line of a two-line
item flush left. These were glossy annual reports that won awards in STC
competitions. My advice is to ask other editors what they think, use common
sense, and choose something that appeals to you. It may be helpful to copy the
style of documents that you admire. There is no right way. All the best.

Jay Cherniak, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Jay_cherniak -at- jhuapl -dot- edu