Script to Wordperfect conversion

Subject: Script to Wordperfect conversion
From: QMS Account <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 15:29:05 +0800

Hi Everyone,

We here at Fischer International have hundreds of documents in Script format,
which we use on VM. In our emphasis to move down to the desktop, we are in
the process of converting our Script (SGML) documents on VM to Wordperfect
5.1/5.2, and have to convert them manually.

Currently, we strip most of the codes out of the document and into ASCII
format, which we then bring up in Wordperfect. Of course, we then have to do
all the formatting and then re-do the page references, as well as other
mundane, time-consuming tasks. It's been taking about two weeks to get a 300
page guide converted manually.
**Does anyone know of such a converter/conversion process that we can use to
**convert these documents?

We worked closely with a company called Softline, which "guaranteed" that they
could convert these guides for us. They ended up converting the files to
Framemaker, and then told us we could bring them up in Wordperfect, which we
could not!! Now we've spent useless $$$$$ on something that is totally
useless to us, and we're totally frustrated!

Where should we go from here?

Help!!!!

If you want, please feel free to send your responses directly to me.

Thanks!
Bill Hartzer (William -dot- Hartzer -at- emc2-tao -dot- fisc -dot- com)

If you are producing 300 page manuals and they are converted to FrameMaker,
why would you want to use Wordperfect? Frame handles long documents
much more easily and efficiently than WP. Why do you consider Frame
totally useless? I don't see any problem here unless there is an
X factor we don't know about.

Bob Morrisette
Consultant
Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM