New WWW page on science and environmental writing

Subject: New WWW page on science and environmental writing
From: "Bonnie Nestor (NESTORM -at- FEDC04 -dot- FED -dot- ORNL -dot- GOV" <nestorm -at- FEDC04 -dot- FED -dot- ORNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 13:40:27 GMT

Lehigh University's science and environmental writing program now has
a World Wide Web page at
http://www.lehigh.edu/injrl/public/www-data/s&emenu.html

I'm not sure just how Joseph Little would define "rhetoric of science"
in his proposed organization chart for tech comm, but public
communication (as in science and environmental journalism) seems
as though it ought to be included. Jack Gibbons, head of the Office
of Science and Technology Policy, says that future funding for science
and technology will depend on the public's perception of the benefits
of same -- and who better than technical communicators to transmit
this message?

NOTE: My only connection with Lehigh is via the Internet.

Bonnie Nestor
mnj -at- ornl -dot- gov

DISCLAIMER: I work at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, for Martin Marietta Energy
Systems, Inc., which is under contract to the U.S. Department of
Energy -- but I don't speak for any of them, and they return the favor.