Re: Shannon-Weaver Model

Subject: Re: Shannon-Weaver Model
From: Alex Buczek <tscom001 -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 16:59:25 -0400

How about thinking of Technical Communicators as those who "accomodate(s)
technology to the user"? {From David N. Dobrin in "What's Technical About
Technical Writing?" 1983} While this may not be a model of communication,
it does provide an interesting perspective while evaluating various models.
If we look at our work -the use of our knowledge of language- in this
manner, I believe that we have a more active role than most models of
communication would suggest.