Surfing the Internet

Subject: Surfing the Internet
From: Barb Miller <millerb -at- TCPLINK -dot- NREL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 15:45:20 MST

I just got my Internet software tools at work and began my first foray
into the Internet world. The first stop: Eric's Technical
Communications Web server. Eric, it looks great! I'm too new to the
Internet to give any pointers, but I did give the address to a few,
more experienced surfers here at the lab.

An Internet success story: My boss wanted a copy of STC's salary
survey. I couldn't find my copy in my office (if you saw my office,
you'd understand). Then it occurred to me. I'll see if I can access it
thru Internet. So I started at Eric's wonderful home page, clicked on
STC, and read about how to download files thru FTP. I backed out,
clicked on my FTP icon, followed Eric's instructions, found and
downloaded the file, viewed it, and emailed it to my boss--all in less
than 10 minutes!

For all you Internet surfers, take a look at NREL's home page and
offerings. We could use some feedback, too.

Address: http://www.nrel.gov
http://gopher.nrel.gov

Enjoy the weekend.

Barb Miller
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Golden, Colorado
millerb -at- tcplink -dot- nrel -dot- gov