Re: asserted, de-asserted

Subject: Re: asserted, de-asserted
From: David Carpenter <David -dot- Carpenter -at- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 21:00:30 CDT

I have been reading with interest the discussion on whether deasserted
should be used in a technical manual, a data sheet, or an application note.

The answer is that the word deasserted, made up as it is is in fact being used
in technical documentation with reguard to Microprocessors.

If you do not use the word deasserted, and the engineer catches it, he will
simply mark it to be changed back to deasserted. I belive that there is a
technical reason for the use of teh word deasserted.

Dave
10-26-94
davidc -at- gomez -dot- amd -dot- com