Perfect binding disadvantage

Subject: Perfect binding disadvantage
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 08:37:27 EST

I don't like perfect binding in manuals I'm using for the same reason Rick
Lippincott and Dick Harris describe--they're too tough to hold open while
you're doing something at the computer! I guess that's when we should be
referring to help screens, if they're there! Is the use of perfect binding
really a tool to encourage using help and to discourage copyright violations?

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com