Re: dialect survey

Subject: Re: dialect survey
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 17:23:22 -0500

(Indiana talk, dialects, linguistics, etc.)

I agree that there are too many differences to say that
S. Indianaians speak Southern. Having married into a family
that is from Indiana, I can attest to several variances in
word choice.

However, it may be true that the wide area known as the
Mid-west shares some expressions with the South.

FWIW, I did some lit. studies of dialectical research for a
course in the history of the English language a few years ago.
Oklahoma has very limited research, but it appears to be a true
crossroads, which bears with its history.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
(with ties to OK, TX, and FL)