Re: Y'all listen up nau, yuh' hea'

Subject: Re: Y'all listen up nau, yuh' hea'
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 13:11:42 EDT

David Dubin says:

>Ask a Richmond native to say "about" and you will hear "uh boot"...
> If you ask someone from southwest Georgia to say it, they will say
>"ah baeut", adding an extra "a" to "bout".

Never mind "about." What about that famous four-letter word describing fecal
matter!

It's common to hear it pronounced as a two-syllabe word in the Georgia area.
I can even imitate that. What amazed me the most was one woman at work who
could turn those four letters into a -three- syllable word. I can't even
come close to imitating it, but I've heard it.

Rick Lippincott
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com (I can now get e-mail at work.)