Converting FrameMaker and Interleaf Files into SGML

Subject: Converting FrameMaker and Interleaf Files into SGML
From: Harold Henke <hessian -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 09:29:30 MDT

Hope this is not an old subject but we are interested in finding a
tool(s) that will allow us to:

1. Convert FrameMaker and Interleaf files into SGML. (Product should
be able to be upgraded to support new versions of FrameMaker and Interleaf.)
2. Perform the conversion using our Document Type Definition (DTD).
(We want to plug in different DTDs.)
3. Convert SGML files from our DTD to another DTD.

Are we asking for too much? Any practical experience, whether failure
or success stories much appreciated.

Harold Henke
Information Developer
IBM Printing Systems
Boulder, CO

(Home of the unbeaten University of Colorado Buffaloes and 40 miles south
of the unbeaten Colorado State University Rams.)