Re: Job Offers

Subject: Re: Job Offers
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 11:11:48 EDT

I wish I had your problem.

That said, while serious "playing them against each other" is a bad
idea, I think it would be okay, if you actually have another offer,
to say "I've been offered a job as Panjandrum of Tech Writing at the
XYZ Corp, with a $$$ raise. I like it here, and would be sorry to
leave, but I have my family to think of" or something like that, and
see what they say.

And two weeks is certainly acceptable, and pretty standard, notice.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com
New York, NY