Re: Resume Length

Subject: Re: Resume Length
From: Lisa Baker <LISAB -at- WORDPERFECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 14:46:20 -0600

- Less than or more than 2 pages
- 2-6 different resumes
- one-sided vs. double-sided
This discussion starts to sound like Word vs. WP vs. whatever
after awhile with all the differing viewpoints, doesn't it?
So I guess the real answer is pick what you're comfortable with.
For what it's worth...
My resume in my last job hunt (4 years ago--knock on wood)
was "brochure" style on a 11x17 sheet folded in half. Even from
companies that didn't interview me face-to-face, I got positive
comments about the look of my resume when they talked to me
on the phone. The front page was a "title" page with the inside
facing pages actually being the bulleted lists of information. I
decided on the format after talking to several people because it
would look and feel different in a large stack and the pages
couldn't get separated (unless photocopied of course).
Lisa Baker
; The face of a child can say it all, ;
; especially the mouth partof the face. ;