Flesh peddlers

Subject: Flesh peddlers
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 08:28:09 -0700

>Flesh peddlers? I think I know what Richard means by this -- I believe I
>know of one or two outfits here in Montreal who would fit the bill -- but
>I'm still curious.

I believe I first heard the term from Rudolph Langer--at that time a
programming manager, now editor-in-chief of Sybex Computer Books. He used it
to refer to what later came to be called "recruiters." Perhaps he made it
up, but he always used it matter-of-factly, as if it were a term of art.

I've always liked the term, despite its invitation to a derogatory
interpretation, but I've never heard anyone else use it. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org