Re: WP vs Word

Subject: Re: WP vs Word
From: Rick Lippincott <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 1994 08:22:02 -0400

Marc Santacroce wrote (regarding WP, Word, and hammers):

>But the foreman didn't have to to buy 10 copies of a $600 application. I
>think the client has a right to expect you to conform to them...

But this reflects on a discussion we had a couple of weeks ago. As the
client doesn't want to buy 10 different applications, neither do I. I don't
have the cash, I don't have the hard drive space to own copies of every WP
and DTP commonly used. But, when I was job hunting, there were these
barriers. "You know FrameMaker, but not Pagemaker?" "You know Frame on
Windows, but not on a Mac?" "You know Word for Windows 2.0, but not 6.0?"

I wish more people had asked me if I knew how to -write-.

Rick Lippincott
rjlippincott -at- delphi -dot- com