Object Oriented Programming Terms in Documentation: Part Two

Subject: Object Oriented Programming Terms in Documentation: Part Two
From: Harold Henke <hessian -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 11:15:09 MDT

Hi all, thanks for your responses. It seems you all are split evenly on
whether OOP terms should be used in documentation. A common theme
was "depends on the audience". This implies that, say for
a system administrator, OOP terms might be appropriate but for an
end user, OOP terms might be inappropriate. (I also get the feeling that
OOP is not as widely used in the software industry as I thought.)

Change of Subject:

Can anyone recommend a good book on Object Oriented Programming that is written
for a wide audience and not targeted at programmers? I heard of a book
called "A Manager's Guide to OO".

Thanks,

Harold Henke
Information Developer