STC looking for a few good books...

Subject: STC looking for a few good books...
From: Susan Fowler <sfowler -at- EJV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 08:47:19 EDT

STC Looking for New Technical Communication Publications

(From Susan Fowler)

STC offers a selection of anthologies, education publications, professional
guides, and professional development publications of special interest to
technical communicators.

As manager of STC's Publications Acquisitions Committee, I'd like to invite to
you to propose new publications for 1995. How do you know if you have a good
idea? The answer is simple. If you've been looking for but can't find a
publication on a particular technical communication topic, then you've
identified a hole in the market.

Besides topics, we need authors (or your suggestions for authors); reviewers,
who critique the proposals or manuscripts and suggest changes, if necessary;
and publication managers, who follow the publication from acquisition to the
beginning of production... If you're not ready to become an author but would
like to learn more about STC's publishing process, please feel free to
volunteer as a reviewer or publication manager.

To suggest a topic or volunteer your own (or someone else's) services, please
contact me at 62 Alan Loop, Staten Island, NY 10304-4460; voice or fax
718/720-1169; e-mail 76266 -dot- 3131 -at- compuserve -dot- com) or sfowler -at- ejv -dot- com -dot-

For a copy of the STC Publication Guidelines or "About STC Publications," which
lists the available publications and includes an order form, please contact the
international office:

Society for Technical Communication
901 N. Stuart Street, Suite 904
Arlington, VA 22203-1854