Re: O'seas work

Subject: Re: O'seas work
From: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 17:26:00 PDT

>And what would you chaps say to a Brit might muse on the idea of working as
>an author in the US?

As the immigration laws currently stand, I believe the only folks let in the
US are:
1. people married to (or about to marry) US citizens or permanent
residents
2. people in the immediate family of US citizens or permanent
residents (parent, sibling, offspring)
3. people seeking political refuge (very tough to get; ask any
Haitian!)
4. people who have unique skills & are known in their fields (like a
prima ballerina or nuclear physicist or pro basketball player)
5. full-time students (for a limited time & not allowed to work)
6. tourists (for a limited time [6 wks/90 days?] & not allowed to
work)

My advice: Get your current (or future) employer to *transfer* you here for
however long.

If not feasible, then meet an American over there & fall in love (or not ;)
and get married sooner or later.

Or come over here (frequently, if necessary) and meet an American & fall in
love (or not ;) and get married sooner or later. [Hey, it worked for *my*
husband! ;)]

GOOD LUCK!
Sally the Green Card Wife ;)

Sally Marquigny Network Imaging Systems
sallym -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com Herndon, VA