Re: O'seas work: confessions of a 10-year expatriate

Subject: Re: O'seas work: confessions of a 10-year expatriate
From: Jan Bates <bates -at- KINGFISH -dot- ATT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 13:00:00 GMT

John,
I would answer your question:
------------------------------

And what would you chaps say to a Brit might muse on the idea of working as
an author in the US?

------------------------------

by saying that IF you can find someone to hire you (and therefore
sponsor you through the immigration controls) you'll thoroughly enjoy
working here. The Americans are very fond of the British, love
British culture, humor, and especially a British accent.

I always feel a little ashamed when I have to admit that the Brits are
not very Americanophile, at least not until they have visited the US
at least once.

Jan (a transplanted Darlingtonian)
Jan Bates Voice: 908 949-2311
ADSS - AT&T Bell Labs Fax: 908 949-4001
Holmdel NJ e-mail: bates -at- kingfish -dot- att -dot- com