Re: Newsgroup or mailing-list?

From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 10:07:03 EDT

< o The distributed cost of a single message is on the order of
< a thousand dollars!

<David --- just my $1000 worth

David, where'd you get your estimates? It was my understanding that it was
currently a very cheap method of communication, chiefly because commericial
interests don't yet control the bandwidths, and therefore do not charge
exorbitant fees for use of what is essentially inexpensive. I know that the
universities, governments, etc. have underwritten it, but without the profit,
I understood this to be a fairly minor expense/investment.

???

Cheers,

Gwen (ggall -at- ca -dot- oracle -dot- com)

"The question is not the size of your intelligence,
but how you use the little amount of it you might have."

--Sir John Gielgud