Re: whining and useless drivel

Subject: Re: whining and useless drivel
From: Kat Nagel <KatNagel -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 11:57:00 EDT

>Does anyone know if there is another newsgroup on the topic of technical
>communication that doesn't attract so much whining and useless drivel?

How dull. Your _drivel_ is my sanity-saving, human, UTTERLY NECESSARY, real
world communication. You can call it whining if you like. I prefer the
(accurate but wordy) description I saw in a medical journal: "emphatic
verbal release of accumulated stress reaction." I'll accept the occasional
whine as a reminder that I'm not the only writer who stumbles over petty
little issues, works for/with an occasional turkey, and reaches overload at
2am.

Keep it up, folks. Even whines can be informative, helpful, and amusing.
@kat

katnagel -at- aol -dot- com
Life 1: MasterWork (technical writing and document design)
Life 2: PlaynSong & Madrigalia, Ltd (vocal chamber music)