software packages for developing bibliographies

Subject: software packages for developing bibliographies
From: Sushil Oswal <oswal -at- KNUTH -dot- MTSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 1994 22:36:16 -0500

I have seen more than a few reference management programs to create,
develop, manage and convert bibliographic entries in various formats
(APA, MLA, etc.). I would like to hear from those netters who have
adequate experience with one of these programs and also feel satisfied
with their program. I need the following features in the program:

1. easy convertibility from one format to another academic format

2. easy to append or delete (I use dBaseIV which can at times be very
cumbersome for a minor addition)

3. easy to print for professional use (for use with one's articles for
publication etc.)

4. *an IBM interface (I don't have a Mac)

Please send personal mail to oswal -at- knuth -dot- mtsu -dot- edu