Re: pointer to utest listserv list (and color of suits)

Subject: Re: pointer to utest listserv list (and color of suits)
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 11:38:11 EDT

Mary Beth Raven says:

As for the color of suits, my attitude right now is that you've got to
do something that makes you stand out from the crowd...there are
hundresd of peoel interviewing. I've interviewed in a fire-engine red
suit (and gotten a job offer), a dark green suit, a light green suit,
and a wool blackwatch plaid (it may be culturally more acceptable for
women to have such a variety of suits...). I think that in general,
you just need to look and act professional. My experience has been
with interviewing with computer companies like IBM, Digital, Wang,
Data General, and pharmaceuticals co.s like Ciba Corning.

I'm just curious: was it Big Blue where you wore the red suit and got the
job offer? ;-)

Cheers,

Gwen (ggall -at- ca -dot- oracle -dot- com)

"The question is not the size of your intelligence,
but how you use the little amount of it you might have."

--Sir John Gielgud