Re: Mouse vs keyboard (was Re: Windows '95)

Subject: Re: Mouse vs keyboard (was Re: Windows '95)
From: Jim Grey <JIMGREY -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 08:59:34 -0400

Aahz oohzes:
>I've always been surprised by the number of people who (for example)
>pick up the mouse to select the current line of text. It's so much
>easier, IMHO, to press <Home><Shift-End>.

Only if you know that key combination. I've been mousing around since
1984, and Windowing since 1990, and I don't know most of those key
combos. Here are two of the many factors: (1) I do certain keystrokeable
tasks seldom enough that I'd never remember the keystrokes anyway.
(2) I move around acceptably quickly with the mouse.

jim grey
jimgrey -at- delphi -dot- com --- I'm Back!