portfolio ideas?

Subject: portfolio ideas?
From: Julie Brodeur <jule -at- LAZLO -dot- SBAY -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 07:33:44 GMT

Right now, I work in MarCom writing, and I've edited a few
of our product end-user manuals.
Portfolio Problems:
1. Nothing looks very flashy.
2. the longest documents I've written have been newsletters.

I'm mainly concerned about the latter. I have no time to volunteer my
writing skills for work manuals, because we always do everything at the
last minute. I would have no time to research the things I needed.

I seem unable to come up with some cool projects on my own that I could do
in my leisure. I need something real to document. Does anyone have
any ideas on what I might do that would give me a nice, solid example
of my ability to write a longer manual? I thought that taking a course
might be a good idea, but I've heard mixed comments about such courses.

Julie Brodeur|*|jule -at- steam -dot- com|*|jule -at- toaster -dot- net|*|on a Honda VT500
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
-Jack London