Re: A or An

Subject: Re: A or An
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 08:08:37 -0500

Gwen, here's another comment on your problem. I noticed that
the magazine AIXpert had an article about RDBMS, so I looked
through it to see how they handled it. They did a good job of
avoiding the use of "a" or "an," but they did use it once. They
chose "an." Unfortunately, it was in the phrase "an RDBMS system."
Ugh.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com

FWIW, I also noticed that the editor of that magazine is a
member of STC. I guess we all miss a few! :(