Re: Online/print

Subject: Re: Online/print
From: WandaJane Phillips <wandajp -at- ANDYNE -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 1994 21:18:10 GMT

The programmers on this side of my office copy everything _except_ the
online help to their hard drives when they get new development tools.
Their office is strewn with books bent open and piled knee deep - many
with grubby yellow stickies clinging to the edges. On the other side of
the office, the programmers use the online stuff much more than the
books and so on...

In recent usability tests, the test users asked, nay, begged, for
manuals to be made available - often telling me that they learn better
from books. I learn better from online help as I explore a product.

... waja ...
opinions?! opinions?! we don't need no stinking opinions!
don't sit under the Bodhi tree with anyone else but me... anyone else
but me...